Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Shots Fired on Seaton Place NW

I heard approximately 6 shots being fired around 12:25 a.m. this morning in the vicinity of the unit block of Seaton Place N.W., across the street from my house. Police response was very prompt. An ambulance arrived on the scene shortly after three police cars. I will inquire tomorrow about details.

If there is a silver lining here, it is that I met some neighbors tonight who were also observing the scene across the street.

You may recall this account of gunfire on that very block the morning of October 7, 2006.

I suppose that this is as good a time as any to reveal that the Sursum Corda Library, where my latest single member district meeting took place, received a bullet the evening before, on May 18th. The police came by during the meeting to take the library attendant's report.

3 comments:

IMGoph said...

so that's what i heard last night. i was studying and the a/c had just kicked on, so the white noise was high in my room, but then i heard some noise outside, but couldn't put my finger on it.

Stitt said...

We heard the shots down the block. At least the emergency response was pretty quick this time. Hope nobody was seriously injured.

Anonymous said...

I live on North Cap NW between S and Seaton. It is also worth noting that about 10 shots were fired on the same corner at about 7:30PM three weeks ago (or so). Police were on the scene for about 2.5 hours. Many children were out on the street at that time in the evening. I gave one of the officers my business card and asked her to have her CO contact me following the incident, but I did not hear from anyone in the 5.